Figuring out what to pack can be stressful. Don’t worry though, we’ve got you covered. To make sure you have all the basics, take a look at our Complete International Travel Checklist. Once you’ve checked it out, you can add in items using the summer-specific travel packing list below to ensure you have everything you need for your well-deserved vacation. We’ve also included a few tips that will be useful.
Summer Travel Packing List
When it comes to kicking back and relaxing during the summer, there are several things to remember to bring with you. Having these items could be the difference between a vacation to remember and a disaster.
- Swimsuit: If you’re traveling somewhere warm, chances are you’re planning on swimming, so don’t forget to bring a swimsuit to enjoy the water
- Hat: It doesn’t really matter what type. Sun hats and baseball caps will both offer added protection against the intense sun
- Sunglasses: Don’t be squinting everywhere you go. Do yourself a favor and add some stylish sunglasses to your travel packing list
- Flip-flops/Sandals: It’s always annoying getting sand in your regular shoes. If you’re headed to the beach, just slip on some sandals or flip-flops and you’re good to go
- Activewear: This is great to have if you plan on doing some workouts, and can even be used as casual clothes during the day
- Towel: Some places don’t offer towels for you. Avoid a surprise by bringing your own
- Sunscreen: Sunburns can make any vacation miserable. Protect yourself by remembering to bring along some sunscreen
- Insect Repellant: Mosquito bites are one of the most annoying things to deal with, and all of the itching can drive anyone crazy. Keep the pesky insects away with some bug spray
- Lip Balm: Warm weather can chap your lips, so be prepared with some lip balm
- Portable Speaker: Whether you’re relaxing by the pool, or chilling on the beach, it’s always great being able to listen to some music
- Reusable water bottle: Drinking enough water is key when going somewhere warm. A reusable water bottle will allow you to stay hydrated, while also helping the environment
- ERW: Even though this was on our Complete International Travel Checklist, it’s so important that we included it again. Make the most of your vacation time by knocking out jet lag and being ready to go from day one
- Beach Bag: You’re going to need something to carry your beach toys in, and you don’t want any of your other bags getting sandy or wet
Helpful Tips to Remember
It’s always nice having some extra information to help you out on your trip. That’s why, in addition to our travel packing list, we’ve compiled some tips that will come in handy on your summer vacation.
- Remember to empty your water bottle before you bring it through security, otherwise it will be thrown out
- Keep in mind the weather at your destination. For example, the Atlantic hurricane season lasts from June 1st to November 1st
- Airline prices tend to spike in the middle of the summer. Consider flying before mid-june or after late August
- Don’t be stingy with the sunscreen. Taking the time to put it on is better than risking a sunburn
- Stay hydrated! With all the fun you’ll be having, it can be easy to forget to grab a drink of water
- Finally, have fun. Make the most of your time there, and always take photos